Lt. Gov. Scott, Commissioner Obuchowski announce Regional Economic Development Grants
Jan. 8, 2013 -- Lt. Governor Phil Scott and Buildings and General Services Commissioner Mike Obuchowski awarded $151,000 to eight projects from a new grant program established by the Legislature in 2012.
The Regional Economic Development Grant program will assist projects ranging from pre-construction work in Bellows Falls to entrepreneurial support in Poultney. This is the first time that this program has been made available and there was a limit of $25,000 per project.
Lt. Governor Scott praised the winners of the REDG awards. “The flexibility of this program allows for applicants to be very creative and I am very impressed by the projects that were funded.”
Commissioner Obuchowski leads the Department that administers the REDG awards, as well as the Recreational facilities and Human services and educational facilities grant programs.
“I am delighted that the Legislature added a new grant program to our portfolio,” Commissioner Obuchowski said. “These funds will provide much-needed capital to eight very good economic development projects.”
Projects that received funding include:
- Islands Center for Arts and Recreation - $15,000
- Green Mountain Economic Development Corporation (Randolph) - $25,000
- Green Mountain Economic Development Corporation (Hartford) - $25,000
- Friends of Algiers Village - $22,500
- Poultney Downtown Revitalization Committee - $3,500
- Bellows Falls Area Development Corporation – $25,000
- Vermont Junior Voltage Foundation, Ltd. - $25,000
Mount Snow Valley Chamber of Commerce - $10,000